Pages

Sunday, June 1, 2014

Summer 2014 Seasonal Reading Challenge - Day 1 of 92

I decided to add a little extra challenge to my reading challenge. I will be attempting to blog everyday of the challenge. I think I will be able to accomplish this if I keep the mindset of only having to write a little bit everyday. I don't have to do monster, long, well thought-out posts. Pulling a better keyboard out of storage and hooking it up to my current computer makes me want to write more too, sicne it is sooo much more efficient than using the tiny keyboard on my laptop.

The challenge is off to a great start so far. I've finished two books for it already, and I will likely be finishing a third before bed! Last night after midnight, I completed the first poetry book I've read in my adult life, Horoscopes for the Dead by Billy Collins. It was a fun and quick read, and a couple poems tugged at my heartstrings. I listed my favorite poems from the book on my Goodreads review so that I can find them again one day if I'd like. Today I've been reading on and off, and I finally finished The Secret Lives of Baked Goods after dinner. It was a fun, whirlwhind tour of many familiar baked goods and some unfamiliar ones that I am interested in trying.



I'm about to finish off the night by finishing up the graphic novel Blankets by Craig Thompson. I started it last week, and I loved every bit of it. I would have read it all in one sitting, but the challenge does not allow finishing a whole book before the official challenge start. You actually can't start a book at all unless it is 500+ pages, but then you can read only halfway. Can't wait to finish this one! The other two I started pre-reading were Temple of the Winds by Terry Goodkind and Thoughtless by I can't remember her name.

That's enough for me tonight. I really can't figure out how much I should duplicate between here and Goodreads. I don't like the idea of copying and pasting reviews from here to there or vice verse. Hopefully, I'll think of a good use for both.

No comments:

Post a Comment